Callie & Blake – wedding – Olde Mill Inn, NJ
Callie and Blake’s wedding took place at the Olde Mill Inn, a NJ wedding venue that has a historic charm – a setting that is a match for Callie’s classic style. Her dress was just sheer elegance. The ceremony took place in the Olde Mill Inn’s gardens, which lent a rustic backdrop and color.
An amusing (and very flattering anecdote) – Callie and Blake wanted to book me as their wedding photographer even before they had the date and venue nailed down. Those are high expectations to live up to with the photography! Callie & Blake, congrats & best wishes – you were great!
I sent a Q&A set to Callie & Blake, and here they are with a few words about their wedding day:
How did you first meet?
– Blake and I met through a mutual friend. At the time, I was living in Houston, TX and Blake was visiting for a week from New Jersey.
Why did you choose the Olde Mill Inn as your wedding venue?
– We choose the Olde Mill Inn because as we were searching for a wedding venue, we kept hearing the name come up over and over. We liked that we could have ceremony, reception and lodging all in one place. Blake’s parents went to their restaurant for dinner one night and the food was so good, we didn’t need to look anywhere else!
What I loved most about the Olde Mill Inn was how nice and accommodating and experienced the staff was. Amanda, our Maitre d’, was absolutely wonderful. She made the wedding day easy and effortless so that we could enjoy every minute!
Tell us about your dress, shoes and other accessories!
My dress was from Brickhouse Bridal in The Woodlands, TX and was perfect because it had a peach net underlay that looked great against my skin tone. My earrings were my something borrowed, from my friend Lezlie, who just got married last summer and who did a Bible reading at our ceremony.
What was your wedding inspiration?
– My wedding inspiration came from a quote that I found when I was first thinking of ideas for the wedding. “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” – Oliver Wendall Holmes
I then began looking for ways that I could incorporate antique skeleton keys into the décor. I think my two favorite things were the escort cards – coffee stained parchment tags attached to skeleton keys and the skeleton key broach that Blake wore as part of his boutonnière because he holds the key to my heart!
What song did you walk down the aisle to?
– I walked down the aisle to Suite No. 1 in G Major for unaccompanied cello by Johann Sebastian Bach. In high school, I first saw the movie Master and Commander, in which the piece is featured. As soon as I heard it I said to myself, one day I will walk down the aisle to this song.
What song played for your first dance? What song played for the parent dances?
– Our first dance was to “Hey There, Delilah” by the Plain White T’s. I love that we actually have a “song” because it seems like a tradition that is more old-fashioned. Our first 9 months of dating was long-distance and I was still in school and this song seemed to not only fit our situation, but it just seemed to always be on the radio when we were together.
Why did you choose me for your photography?
– We chose you for our photography because we really liked your work and felt that you would deliver professional images of our wedding that we could enjoy viewing and reliving the wonderful moments of the day for years to come!
What’s next on your calendar as a couple?
– Our next plans are to enjoy our honeymoon in Aruba in March!
Callie + Blake