Debbie & Chris – wedding photography – Madison Hotel, NJ
I liked the endearing charm Debbie and Chris had about them, from the first time we met in my studio for the consultation. You can see their personalities shine through in the photos – for example, during the cutting of the cake when the cake knife broke, Debbie just took it in her stride to show her muscles! Even their First Look outside the Madison Hotel had smiles and laughter.
Debbie told me she didn’t want overly posed photos, but I did squeeze in a few portraits where there is a slightly dramatic air about them. Not quite who they are, but they do look good! This was one of those weddings where I still feel elated at the end of the evening because it was just so much fun to photograph the couple and their wedding.
Debbie & Chris – you are just wonderful. Best wishes!
I sent a Q&A set to Debbie & Chris, and here they are with a few words about their wedding day:
How did you first meet?
– We met at the University of Scranton in 2004 while pursuing Master’s degrees in Biochemistry. We were both Teaching Assistants and assigned desks right next to each other in the office.
Why did you choose the The Madison Hotel, NJ, as your wedding venue?
– The Madison Hotel was the first and only venue we looked at. We loved the conservatory! We loved the look of the glass ceiling and the overall feel of the location.
Tell us about your dress, shoes and other accessories!
– My dress was purchased at Park Avenue Bridal in Verona. I was looking for a soft romantic sweetheart neckline mermaid dress, and I went with this dress by Allure. The shoes were by Badgley Mischka. The jewelry was borrowed from family members.
What was your wedding inspiration?
– We wanted the wedding to have a slightly glamorous romantic feel. We chose to go with a gem color for the bridesmaids’ dresses, traditional black tuxes, and soft champagne flowers. The flowers, by Mayuri’s Floral Design, were a huge part of the overall “feel” of the wedding.
What song played for your first dance? What song played for the parent dances?
– Our first dance together was to the song “In Your Eyes” by Jeffrey Gaines. Deb danced with her dad to “My Girl” by the Temptations, and Chris danced with his mom to “You’ll Be in My Heart” by Phil Collins.
What was your favorite moment during your wedding day?
– One of our favorite moments was the “first look”. We also had some funny moments that were completely “us”: messing up vows, breaking the cake knife, and Chris’ fantastic garter dance.
What advice would you give to future brides for their wedding day?
– Just breathe, relax, and try to enjoy every moment. It really goes by quickly!
Why did you choose me for your photography?
– We chose you because we wanted someone to capture our true personalities. We are a fun loving couple who love to laugh and smile a lot! We were not looking for someone to pose us and force emotions on us. You were able to capture our true personalities in amazing images.
What’s next on your calendar as a couple?
– Well, it looks like 2015 will be a busy one for us. We are expecting a little one (our first) at the end of July!
Debbie + Chris