New York elopement wedding at City Hall – Hailin & William
We met early in the morning at City Hall in downtown New York for their elopement wedding ceremony. The administrative part of Hailin and William’s wedding was fairly quickly because of it being much earlier on in the day. Then we waited to be called in for the ceremony and exchange of rings to make it all official! After the ceremony, we went outside for portraits with their family and close friends. Because of health concerns for Hailin’s parents, we didn’t roam far for the family photos and the romantic portraits. Also, it was really cold out! Fortunately, that entire area has imposing architecture that is quintessentially Gotham-esque New York … and we created some lovely romantic portraits of the couple.
Hailin and William, it was a pleasure to meet you and your family. Thank you for having me as the photographer at your wedding. Best wishes for your future together!
I sent a Q&A set to Hailin and William, and here they are with a few words about their wedding day in New York:
Tell us a little about yourselves, and where you come from.
– We both live in Boston, MA. William works in IT and I am an IT auditor.
Why did you chose New York as the place for your wedding?
– William was born in, and grew up in New York.
What was your inspiration to have an elopement wedding?
– An elopement wedding is simple compared to a big wedding. Especially because my parents both can’t join due to medical reasons, an elopement is easier to do and based on the photos I’ve seen online it can be sweet too. The most important thing is that we know we want to marry each other and the format of the ceremony/celebration is not the biggest concern. At the end of the day, we are celebrating our love and lifelong commitment to each other!
What was your favorite moment during your wedding day?
– Holding hands with my husband in the city hall in front of family and friends and said “Yes, I do!”
What advice would you give to future brides for their wedding day?
– Don’t stress too much on the day of and just have fun!
What’s next on your calendar as a couple?
– Plan a honeymoon… maybe to Scotland
Hailin & William
- For more info about Elopement wedding photography in New York