City Hall New York elopement wedding – Brandy & Arturo
Elopement weddings are easily one of the more exciting and fun things for me to photograph – meeting a couple on their special day, and after the ceremony, photographing them in a few key spots in New York. Beautiful portraits of cool people while in New York.
When Brandy and Arturo first contacted me about photographing their wedding, we chatted on Skype about the details. They gave me a fairly wide range in deciding a good route for them for photos, with the criterium that we end up in Times Square, without too much walking.
We finally met in front of City Hall on the day, and went inside for the official paperwork and ceremony. And then the photos! As you can see from the photographs here, they are a photogenic couple and a delight to have met and photographed.
Thank you, Brandy and Arturo, and best wishes for your future together.
I sent a Q&A set to Brandy and Arturo, and here they are with a few words about their wedding day:
How did you first meet?
– We met while Arturo was running late for a law school exam, and stopped into Brandy’s parents’ newly purchased Grand Rapids area convenience store for a Red Bull. Arturo was renting a house in the area and frequented the store that Summer; getting to know Brandy as she assisted in their set up of the establishment, in the process. After a date over chicken parm and a movie, the rest was history.
What was your inspiration to have an elopement wedding?
– We chose an elopement because we loved the idea of having a honeymoon and wedding together; as a last adventure between one another right before solidifying our promise to one another forever, together. We feel that such is more amorously sincere when exclusive of everyone else for this reason, so we are having a reception and re-enactment ceremony among family and friends at home shortly after; in order to then solidify that very promise not only to one another, but to God and our families, on this day.
Why did you choose New York as the place for your wedding? What did you love most about it?
– We took our first vacation to New York City shortly after met, and having both done extensive traveling throughout our lives, have always both concurred that New York City is one of the most romantic and alluring cities in the world.
What was your favorite moment during your wedding day?
– Our favorite moment during the wedding day was every moment; particularly the love, felicitations, and approbation received from dozens of people from all walks of life and ages, in the biggest city in the United States.
What is one moment that will last you both forever?
– Holding hands and looking in one another’s eyes as we both said, “I DO,” knowing that we both wanted to say that since the day we fell in love. It was like……. exhaling through the heart, and inhaling fresh air through the lips in that first kiss as husband and wife. We walked out of that room knowing that we are headed for beautiful things.
What advice would you give to future brides for their wedding day?
– Don’t stress the small stuff; your hair and makeup looks fine…so does your dress!
What’s next on your calendar as a couple?
– Our pastoral re-enactment ceremony and reception later on in July; followed by a family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells!
Brandy + Arturo
- For more info about Elopement wedding photography in New York
2 Comments, Add Your Own
Devin Mack says
Great creative shots!
Beautiful pictures, Neil!